Friday, June 29, 2012

My Maiden Post

So, here it is.

The first post in in my mommy blog. Yes, to those of my friends who know me IRL, I am that nerd. But, I'm not here to tell you what my daughter and I do every day. Nor am I here to discuss my feelings about being a stay at home mom (which can vary daily, let me tell you!). What I am here to do is to share some of the things I'm doing at home with my daughter that are super fun, creative, or just plain make our lives easier. My goal is to post at least once a week with unique posts full of things I've created. But, I may also repost blogs where I steal fabulous ideas and put them to work for myself. Because as every teacher says, you must "beg, borrow, and steal" to be the best at what you do. You'll never be the best if you are always trying to completely reinvent the wheel!

I'm excited to share with everyone out in the vast WWW, and can't wait to see what you add to some of my ideas. I graduated with a degree in Applied Behavioral Science with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education (simply put, I was a preschool teacher) and continued my education by receiving my K-6 certification. I spent two years as a preschool teacher in an mixed age center before taking a job as an elementary school teacher. I was a 2nd grade teacher for 2 years and taught 4th for a year. Now, I'm taking a leave of absence from my teaching career to stay home with my beautiful 5 month old daughter. I couldn't be happier to spend my days teaching, learning, cuddling, and creating with my own child.

Let's get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your ideas, additions, or comments!